Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Stacy Vacation 2005: Day 5: Six Flags Over Napping

I have disappointing people, and I believe I've done so for my beautiful Greek Goddess.

Tuesday morning I awoke to a fatigue not experienced by most. It was the kind of tired that melts into your skin, swims through your blood stream and commands you not to arise.

So I called my Greek Goddess, only to discover that irony had dialed the number first.

She wasn't feeling up to it either.

For some reason, that didn't really make me feel any better.

I didn't realize how much the trip to Tucson had taken out of me. I do my best to have a normal life just like the rest of the American populace, but then my body speaks differently.

The rest of the day turned out to be rather mediocre (and most likely, so will the rest of this posting.)

I decided to continue working on the Stacy Tan 2005, just to show the staff at work that maybe, possibly, I had some goddamn fun over my vacation.

Then I began the Stacy Cleaning 2005. I decided to concentrate on the kitchen, dining room and living room and leave the rest for tomorrow.

Ted, my Italian brother, would be visiting on Thursday, and I didn't want him to see how a dialysis patient truly lives.

I actually enjoy having a truly clean apartment, it's just that I don't really possess the energy necessary to fulfill such a venture.

But I did it anyway.

And then I collapsed into a tired mess onto my bed and napped for a good 2 1/2 hours.

When I awoke, I panicked, because I thought I was supposed to be on the air.

Lame.

Before I turned in for the evening, I sulked in the realization that my vacation was half over.

And that I had no desire to return to my annoying job.

None whatsoever. Hold on. Let me check.

Nope. My give a damn seems to be busted.

Tomorrow it's all about Christian Bale and the nipple-less Batsuit and Katie Holmes proving that bra's are overrated.

To quote the always intriguing Batman:

"Green Lantern blows."

Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment