Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Ying and Yang of Dialysis

I often wonder why those who work at my Dialysis clinic hate me so.

Or more specifically, why they become so angry when my session doesn't run so smoothly.

Monday was miserable. I somehow managed to weigh myself down with 5kg of fluid.

(For those of you taking notes, that's about 3kg more than usual. Thank you for playing along.)

Sometimes, especially on the weekend, I get incredibly thirsty and can't cease ingesting fluids.

At the time, it feels great and quenches a desire.

But then with anything we enjoy, there are consequences.

Which leads us back to Monday's miserable session.

Two and a half hours in I could feel my entire body rise in temperature. I couldn't breathe. I felt the need to suddenly, and without warning, jump out of my skin.

Now here's the tricky part: trying to get someone to give a damn.

Usually when I'm suffering, I don't scream out obscenities in order to get what I want.

But they sure do escape my lips when no one's paying attention to me.

I finally managed to get someone to notice. Her tone was dripping with all-American, run-of-the-mill indifference.

"Do you want me to get someone for you Stacy?"

No eye contact. No emotion in her voice. She continued to take notes on another patient's machine while my vision started to black out.

Just as my eyes were turning back into my head and my skin was nearly melted away, Neckish Blonde Tech (not her real name) returned and stopped the machine from stealing my sanity.

I can't help feeling it's my fault every time something like this occurs, but my body reacts how it sees fit to help me survive.

I'm sorry if my health makes you grouchy, but it can't be helped.

What I find most interesting is that ever since I changed to the day shift, I notice none of the tech's I used to work with on the night shift ever say hello.

I've always believed that people who work in the medical industry do so due to an incurable desire to help others.

I realize now that it's just a job to most of these people and that I'm simply another annoying customer.

"May I help you?"

Apparently not.

1 comment:

  1. Evidently I am not counted as one of the night techs, huh?

    ReplyDelete