Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Dating Dilemma

There are a number of beautiful women working at my Dialysis clinic and I wish to thank them for their attendance. It makes the entire hellish procedure a little easier to endure.

But there's one in particular that I've had my eye on for a while.

And I think she may like me too.

I keep getting messages from the staff that she says, "Hello." And asks how I'm doing.

It's always cool to know that someone you like is thinking about you.

She's very lovely. Milky skin, great smile and very enjoyable to talk to.

But aye, here's the rub...

I haven't been on a date in over a year.

Before that, the women who I had given a chance to bask in my company were a little less than pleased about my circumstances:

"What do you mean you don't own your own house? Loser."

You try buying a house when a substantial portion of your income is used simply to keep you alive.

"Oh, ugh, gross. Your shirt is all bloody. I don't want to get AIDS."

My bandages on my access gave way and bloodied up my dress shirt. That last part is just pure ignorance.

"I"m just going out with you to make my boyfriend jealous."

I just simply walked out on that one.

"Can you cover up your arm? Your vein thingey makes me want to vomit."

One part of my body makes you sick huh? What happens if you ever get the chance to see all the other parts? Are you going to turn inside out?

"Why didn't you take me to 'such and such expensive place you can't afford'? A real man would have taken me there."

I walked out again. I have no idea how she got home.

So as you might have guessed, I'm terrified of taking a chance on someone new.

But I have a good feeling about her. My highly developed "Bitch Meter" tickles "E" when she's around.

Asking her out at clinic seems kinda creepy though. I hear stories about how some of the elderly male patients will say the most inappropriate, sexually harassing things to the female staff members.

I guess they figure they're old and life already sucks on Dialysis so what the hell?

The last thing I want though is unintentional membership in their club.

I have to do something though. I can't stop thinking about her.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment