Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Declaration of Illegals

We the illegals of the United States, in order to form a more perfunctory union, establish injustice, insure domestic bankruptcy, provide for the common debacle, promote the general abuse of welfare, and secure the blessings of free health care for ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish our edition of the Constitution of the United States.

The preceding was inspired by listening to an individual divulge to his friend that free health care and free welfare were available just by showing up in some of our local government offices.

There was no mention of the opportunities this country provides, how grateful he was to be in America, or how he might one day repay his benefactors.

As 30% of my bi-weekly paycheck is sucked dry for taxes, I toil away fifty to sixty hours a week so this individual (and now, apparently, some of his friends) can soak up benefits while never paying a dime.

Meanwhile, neither erstwhile candidate is stepping up to provide an answer for this problem.

Banks are closing. Hospitals too. Major corporations are laying off Americans by the thousands.

And yet, not a word from Congress. Or the President. No local or state representative has mentioned it either.

And still they come. Again, and again, and again.

By the time I reach retirement age, social security and Medicare will have evaporated.

Republicans blame Democrats. Democrats blame Republicans. Still, nothing gets done.

If either candidate, regardless of political party, would step up and declare a comprehensive plan to curtail the continued theft of this country, I would vote for them in an instant.

Personally, if you just fined individuals $10,000 for each illegal alien employed, and corporations $100,000 per illegal alien discovered, this problem would correct itself immediately.

And raise money to balance the stupid budget.

But that makes too much sense.

And we just can't have that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. While I was on disability for ESRD I was having trouble paying my bills. My social worker told me I was too rich, no help for me. She said "If you were illegal, I could get you rent assistance, free medical care and welfare." Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's America for ya. We can't take care of our own properly but we can take care of everyone else. There's this one illegal in my center. She can only say "Hello" and "What's wrong?" as I have ever heard and everyone flocks around her like she's God when she has a problem. Me? I lay there and cry. What's wrong with this picture? Everything.

    ReplyDelete