Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stacy Vacation 2009: Day 6...I'm on BlogTalkRadio

For those of you who are keeping track, yes, I skipped Day 5 because it was highly uneventful and overly annoying.

Kind of like me on the radio. Or in person. Or in my blog.

Today began like every other day of my vacation with my inner voice yawning, "Hey there buddy. Yeah, we feel like crap again today, lets just stay in bed and stare at the marks on the ceiling."

Damn lazy inner voice.

I scheduled my treatment early so I could join Dr. Anonymous and Kim of AsThePumpTurns.com as their guest with Tracy from KaplyInc on the Dr. Anonymous Show on BlogTalkRadio.com.

I know what you're thinking.

"Stacy, aren't you on the radio enough? Do you really need more airtime? Or deserve more?"

The answers to those questions are yes, no and probably not.

Not necessarily in that order.

I'm fascinated by the whole process because its all done through the phone line. That's pretty amazing. Considering we use what's considered professional radio equipment, I'm overwhelmed by what people are able to create on their own.

I decided to come into work and use the land line so:

A) I don't have to pay for the damn call.
B) The audio fidelity will be better and not digitized.

Much like I am in person, I was all over the place and didn't quite articulate my points as clearly as I wanted to. But I'm really thankful they asked me to join them.

On my radio show, I don't talk about treatment much anymore.

When I first started Dialysis, I would talk about it in the last break before I ended the show.

This illicited two very different reactions.

There were people angry that I would "bum them out" talking about my condition. They told me to "shut the fuck up and just play the fucking music."

Gee thanks. I'm sure you'll never have to deal with an a illness and everything will be fine and dandy and you'll live your years disease free.

The other side was really surprising.

People who are dealing with their own health issues stepped up to tell me how inspirational I was. I continued to work even though I had this terrible illness.

Believe me. That's not what I was going for. Or how I see myself.

I'm just a schmuck who loves what he does and gets another chance every day to get it right.

If you'd like to hear my thoughts on Dialysis, click the following link:

Dr. Anonymous Show #69: Dialysis

Look at the player in the center of the screen and hit play for Show #69.

Thank you and good night.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Stacy! The interviewer was horrible though. It sounded like she wasn't even listening to you! How many times could she say "That's a good point" and move on to her next question? It's so obvious that you are meant to be on radio!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy, I really do appreciate your time for this!

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, thanks for coming to the Dr. A show and sharing your story. You and Kim (interviewer) did a fabulous job and it was a pleasure to peek into your life for just a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete